Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day Journal: 6AM-12AM

The following events happened on February 2nd, 2010.

6:00AM-7:10AM
Slept in. I had troubling dreams.

7:10
I put in my contacts, walked out to the kitchen and made breakfast. I had oatmeal with brown sugar and an Instant Breakfast powdered mix with milk. I downloaded new music onto my ipod while I ate.

7:35
I drove to school and listened to the artists Pretty Lights and Crystal Castles. I parked in a lot close to campus and walked to my Drugs in Education class.

8:00
The class was in lecture format. The teacher displayed powerpoint slides that could be found on the internet, so I paid little attention to to lecture. I got sidetracked surfing online on my ipod for most of the period. I found an ad on craigslist for an office chair for $5.00. I texted the seller to arrange an exchange of goods. The meeting was set for later in the evening.

8:50
I walked back to my car and drove home listening to more Crystal Castles. I made a quesadilla and snacked on some animal cookies. Then I watched Back to the Future III.

11:30
I went online and wrote my 1st blog post.

12:00pm
I studied for my test in American Literature.

2:00
I cooked a shrimp and garlic stir-fry as I read links for my Tuesday evening class. I made sure to wash all of my dirty dishes and I even unloaded the dishwasher. I threw some snacks in my backpack as I left.

3:00
I drove to campus listening to more Crystal Castles via my ipod.

3:30
I practiced with the MSU track team for over an hour. We ran up Kagy street, south via the trail system, north on Goldstein, west on Sourdough, and south finally back on the trail system to campus. Once done with our run, I did hurdle mobility with the team for roughly fifteen minutes. I showered and changed into clean clothes. I had unfortunately forgotten to pack socks, so I made the ugly decision to wear shoes without socks.

5:00
I received a voicemail while I was out running. I listened to it and recognized it as an advisor for the University of Wyoming's Nursing Department. Earlier in the week I had just submitted my application to the nursing department and they had called to notify my me that parts of the application packet were missing. I called the advisor back and she explained what I needed to do. I made a mental note to email someone later that night to resolve the issue.

5:15
I showed up late to my Psychology in Education class. It's on the fourth floor of Reid at a time where there is maybe five other classes occurring throughout campus. I ask myself why it has to be on the fourth floor every time I go to the class. In class. we finished watching clips from the move: Ron Clark. We talked about behavior modification in the classroom setting and future group projects that would occur throughout the semester. I had a peanut butter sandwich, a hot fudge sundae poptart, and fruit snacks as a late lunch.

6:45
I met my roommate at the fieldhouse and waited for him to finish his work in the computer lab. We discussed possible options for where we were going out to eat. We started driving in separate cars to the direction of this new pizza place we heard about and then he called me last second. He changed his minds and I agreed with him that we should go someplace that we were familiar with.
7:00
I ate at Mackenzie River Pizza with my roommate. We ordered an appetizer of lodge-poles and split a large pizza. The pizza was half ' The Rancher' (bacon, beef, pepperoni, and peppers) and half 'The Madison' (ricotta, bacon, mushrooms, and provolone cheese). The lodge-poles, which were cheesy bread-sticks, were warm and delicious. While we waited for our pizza to arrive, we discussed how much property my roommate owned. He inherited a house that was also inherited by his other two brothers, his mother and his sister. After some painstakingly hard fraction addition, we concluded that he owned 11/48ths of the house. We also shared any entertaining stories about our day. The pizza arrived and we ate our respected halves rather quickly. We paid the bill and commented on how our waiter had a good name, Miles. We then got in our separate cars and drove back to the apartment.

8:15
I read poems by Samuel Coleridge for my British Literature class and Mark Twain for my American Literature class. I sent out a quick email to a professor to finish up a letter of recommendation. I hoped this would resolve my problem with the nursing department in Wyoming.

9:30
I watched the 2-hour season premiere of LOST. I had my mind blown away with the show testing my imagination the whole time.

11:30PM
I posted the rest of my blog post.

12:30AM
I Went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment